Pick up your passport, load your luggage and get ready for a Kiwi adventure, by land AND sea! Yes, we’ll say it, no cruise is complete without a little extra something – no traveller is ever satisfied with just one side of the geographical narrative, particularly when shore excursions only last for a few hours and then it’s back to the boat…
Once you step foot on the Land of the Long White Cloud, it will take a considerable amount of self-control to curtail your appetite for more. Much more. Good news. It’s entirely possible to secure a combined holiday, punctuating the conclusion of your cruise with an unforgettable and oh-so-comfortable escorted coach tour. Air-conditioning, experienced guides, hospitable hotels and wonders galore, this adventurous juxtaposition will satisfy every intrepid bone if your body.
From ocean cruise to land cruise
While you turn the idea over, here are three more compelling reasons why a New Zealand coach tour is the perfect addition to your cruise vacation.
See more of New Zealand
Ocean cruises only skim the surface of what is possible and accessible, relying on proximity to the port and achievable distance to plot out their shore offerings. Don’t limit yourself to a tourist path well-trodden – you deserve to see the striking interiors, wild coastlines, rugged mountains, verdant national parks and numerous waterfalls dotting this pocket-sized nation. There’s more to New Zealand though than these natural masterpieces – from flavoursome food experiences to cultural displays and spellbinding histories, you need to step off the ship and stay awhile to uncover authentic Aotearoa.
- Popular tour pick: 7-Day Northern Explorer
- Highlights: Take in the views of the infamous Mount Tarawera, once the home of the renowned pink and white terraces before a violent eruption destroyed them in 1886, see geothermal activity in Rotorua, get off the beaten track to the shores of Lake Aniwhenua in Murupara for an amazing Maori experience, see art-deco Napier often referred to as a 1930’s film set and more so much more.
Do more: participate in amazing activities for all ages
While you will be transported from place to place in luxurious comfort, your role as a traveller won’t be passive – the best coach tours New Zealand hosts target activities for every travel style. Traverse underground caverns and be dazzled by thousands of twinkling glow-worms; tap into your inner wild-side and jetboat across Shotover Canyon; spend one unforgettable night on Doubtful Sound; sample the sumptuous delights of the Marlborough region or be mystified by a traditional Maori feast, under the stars of Rotorua.
- Popular tour pick: 9-Day Southern Dream
- Highlights: See the mysterious Moeraki Boulders, visit the iconic Larnach Castle of Dunedin, find your inner serenity on a Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise, experience New Zealand’s adventure capital Queenstown, see the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers and more, heaps more.
Savour key sights at your own pace
Cruising tours are carefully scheduled affairs, departure, immersion and return are timed down to the finest detail, meaning you’re regularly required to cut any special moments short. Coach touring balances well-paced booking with explorative freedom, encouraging travellers to sink their senses into whatever captivates the imagination. You’ll be able to make leisurely memories with minimal background noise, only taking out your camera to enhance an already established mental picture.
- Popular tour pick: 16-Day Ultimate New Zealand
- Highlights: Sample premier New Zealand wines, get off the beaten track to the shores of Lake Aniwhenua in Murupara, become a glacier explorer and bask in the geothermal glory of Rotorua, to name a few amazing things to do and see on this land cruise.
Want to add a land cruise to your ocean cruise schedule?
Your travel agent will be able to add one of our amazing escorted coach tours to your travel plans, but you can also contact the friendly Kirra crew. Our crew is always happy to help and to book any of our tours for you. Compare our tours and find the best one for you. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to see New Zealand from different angles: sea-side and land-side. Turn your travel dreams into a reality and experience the wonders of New Zealand.